Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Restaurant: Dumpling House

Rating: 3.5/5

I came to Dumpling House in Spadina with my parents on a Saturday around noon. The restaurant was already full and we waited about 5-10 min for a table. There isn't a lot of space to wait because their open kitchen was in the front, so you would have to line up in a single file.

Between the three of us, we ordered the pork and celery steamed dumplings ($7.59 for 15), pork and chive pan fried dumplings ($7.99 for 12), shrimp and pork pan fried dumplings ($7.99 for 12) and marinated intestine ($6.99). We ended up using two small take out boxes for the food we couldn't finish.

The steamed dumplings were good and juicy. I did preferred the pan fried dumplings though. The two pan fried dumplings were quite similar. While I did find pieces of shrimp, my mom would have preferred more. The intestines came over a bed of vegetables soaked in the soy marinade. As you reach for pieces from the bottom, it was quite salty. I think I will stick to deep fried intestines instead.

During our meal and after our meal, there was constantly a line up. The employees were quite quick when we asked for more tea and the bill. I noticed that they do sell frozen dumplings as well so I may come back for that another time.

Marinated intestines
pork and chive dumplings
pork and celery dumplings
pork and shrimp dumplings


Dumpling House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment