Thursday, December 10, 2015

Restaurant: AKA Teppan

Rating: 3.5/5

AKA Teppan is a restaurant similar to Pepper Lunch that specializes in food that comes on a hot plate. I went to the downtown location and it was clean and looked neat with the white tables. We were seated right away and given menus.

We ordered the okonomiyaki fries ($6.99) to share and I had the supreme beef teppanyaki rice ($9.49). The okonomiyaki fries was a nice sharing portion and was topped with seaweed and bonito flakes. There was a generous amount of okonomi sauce and mayo. It was good and tasted like okonomiyaki but I found it a bit too sweet.

Okonomiyaki Fries
The teppanyaki rice came with a good portion of beef and corn. In the middle of the rice was a chunk of butter that you need to mix up with your dish. I saw the employees mix some of the dishes for other customers. While I did enjoy my dish, I found that there was too much sauce. I think that I would have enjoyed it more if I had gotten some add ons such as mushrooms which would help lessen the sauce to food ratio. I would have also liked it with more black pepper. I prefer Pepper lunch based on my experience in Vancouver.

Supreme Beef
The service was very good though. The employees were all very friendly and it was easy to flag someone down for more water. When the fries came, we were asked if we wanted small plates so we can share the food more easily. They also made sure we were ok with them clearing any finished plates.

I would come back again to try another dish or a dessert.

Atlantic Salmon
Grilled Chicken Pasta


Aka Teppan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment